15 Websites to Sell or Buy Handmade Crafts Online
What websites and curators for selling or buying handmade crafts do you know from your local or global? Feel free to share those small entrepreneurs you know that are not recognize and still untapped to sell their unique crafts specially made in not-mass-production worth a custom item to have. Artisan bloggers are welcome and share your handmade niche page.
|Handmade Journal Book by jenniferRbaulch|
"EBay generalizes its marketplace first while Etsy follows with a niche; the niche birth the micro-niches. If you can micro-niche it, the better!" ~jenniferRbaulch
Etsy planted the "handmade" marketplace on the Internet globally as most crafters would know then it branches and bears more similar ecommerce websites for selling and buying handmade crafts from around the world. The handmade fever reignites also local artists' entrepreneurs and personal bloggers who sell via their own website selling checkouts. Handmade embraces unique personal touches and priceless tags from its precious endeavour creating on something worth selling and it does not mean cheap to sell or buy either unless it's a giveaway. The treasure hunting for handmade crafts and handmade gifts these days are an endless marketplace to choose from.
For all creative artists, artisans or crafters; here are some great lists of handmade websites you can showcase your handmade products or items you have made or current projects. Our world became small through the Internet browsing all the DIY or Do It Yours stuff in the planet making the difference to make this world sustainable to live in by recreating and reusing stuffs that are just lying around us or aiming to save the land-filled mountains of garbage out there by simply creating handmade stuffs or things we thought we're not able to. The list goes on while I'm curating this :)
The lists below contain each website's authentic "about" information from their websites:
1. The mother of handmade websites for the dot com generation crafters and buyers is called Etsy! "Etsy is the marketplace "we make together". ~ By http://au.etsy.com or www. etsy.com
2. "Madeit.com.au is a handmade online buying and selling destination, which showcases Australia's most creative, undiscovered art, design & craft talent. Madeit.com.au is different to other online designer destinations as it only promotes local Australian talent." ~ By http://www.madeit.com.au/
3. "Hand-Made.com.au is a venue for Australian sellers of handmade items, artists, craft makers and suppliers to promote and sell their goods to buyers from Australia and around the globe. It is where people will go to for great Australian hand-made items." https://www.hand-made.com.au/
4. "Georgie Love launched in March 2006 and was Australia's first website store dedicated to promoting and selling handmade delights from independent and emerging artists from Australia! Georgie Love is filled with a mix of edgy, eclectic, funky and beautiful pieces that are either one-off originals or a part of a very small run. Most things can't be found in stores anywhere else!"
~ By http://www.georgielove.com/home.php
5. "iCraftGifts.com is strictly for Handmade Art, Crafts and Fashion creations." ~ By http://icraftgifts.com/
6. Jonathan says, "eBay's success is largely attributed to it's attractiveness to buyers as a place to find almost anything, at bargain prices. Popular for its bidding style, we saw that many beautiful handmade items that would have taken hours and hours to create, sold for next to nothing. How sad! We wanted to create a marketplace where Artisans could list their quality, handmade products for a fixed price, rather than an auction style, and sell them for a price that made all the time and love that went into creating that item, worth it." ~ By http://www.zibbet.com/
7. "My DaWanda is your personal home-base within our marketplace." ~ By http://en.dawanda.com
8. "Bonanza is an eBay built to help buyers make serendipitous discoveries. Our browsing experience guides buyers through our inventory of more than 4 million items to find the product that's perfect for their tastes."~ By http://www.bonanza.com/
9. "Ravelry is a place for knitters, crocheters, designers, spinners, weavers and dyers to keep track of their yarn, tools, project and pattern information, and look to others for ideas and inspiration. The content here is all user- driven; we as a community make the site what it is. Ravelry is a great place for you to keep notes about your projects, see what other people are making, find the perfect pattern and connect with people who love to play with yarn from all over the world in our forums." ~ By http://www.ravelry.com/
10. "Having a sustainable sensibility from the start, Tess and Maja would carefully save all of the off-cuts and cut-outs from the baskets, hoping to reuse them in some way. Combining their love for recycling and fashion, the off-cuts were twisted, knotted and looped together to make a range of brightly coloured earrings to sell alongside the baskets. The earrings quickly began to outsell the Polli baskets, so Tess and Maja began using other materials and designed a larger collection of jewellery." ~ By http://polli.com.au/
11. "Hand Made in Country is a network of artisans based in the South Burnett, Toowoomba and Southern Downs/Granite Belt regions. HMIC offers business training, development and sales opportunities to these artisans. The HMIC website is their home and is an easy way for Hand Made lovers to access these very clever people." ~ By http://www.handmadeincountry.com.au
12. "If you can make it by hand, we want to teach it! Their philosophy is to run hands-on, project-based workshops, so that you can come along, learn something new and go home with a finished product or a new skill." http://ministryofhandmade.com.au/
13. Own your own web shop "eCRATER is both a free web store builder and an online marketplace. If you are a seller you can create your own free online store in minutes. If you are a buyer you can browse and search among millions of products. All eligible products are submitted to Google Shopping. You can also easily import your eBay products." ~ By http://www.ecrater.com.au/
14. "MISI is the UK's online craft marketplace. Set up by a keen crafter, Web developer and a mum, MISI is bringing together the UK's craft community and giving them a place to sell what they make." ~ By http://www.misi.co.uk/
15. I like this handmade natural product niche soaps. It is made from Pawpaw or Papaya products with natural ingredients although you have to buy from their stockists in Australia. "Tom was determined to take her discovery to the world after his wife passed awat and with the help of friends formed McArthur Natural Products. Today, everyone can benefit from Tom’s hard work in bringing our unique pawpaw products to the market, and passing on Lynda’s legacy to others." ~ By http://mcarthurnaturalproducts.com/