Ballarat Summer Backyard Vegetables 2014 - 2015
Ballarat Australia Summer Backyard Vegetables 2014 - 2015
Journal photos and brief garden tips for my summer (Dec2014, Jan-Feb2015) vegetables that grow in Ballarat well. Thank God, there was not much heat weave but a bit more rain than expected. Saved me from less watering trying to avoid running water bills :( ... except for my pumpkins that needs extra water in the morning when it got dried. Use organic fertilizer and food for plants and soil.
I have less plants on my garden patch as I needed the space for Zuchhinis and Pumpkins.
1. Jalapeno Chilli - hottest chilli planted in pot not in the garden patch as I was not sure if we get early colder Autumn by March...
2. Parsley Herb - love the Ballarat climate and nearly all year round planted and replanted.
3. Lettuce - all year round planting for any Lettuce from seeds or seedlings
4. Russian Kale - This is great for Kale chips I find. It survived the warm Ballarat summer
5. Tuscan Kale - This kale type is widely used for anything for your lovely smoothies. This is an older Kale plant left in the garden but all leaves are still edible! It survived well this summer round as with its sister Russian Kale
6. Spring Onions - can be planted all year round in the garden
7. Bell Pepper - small type Bell Pepper potted plant
|Jalapeno Chilli ©jenniferRbaulch http://queentulip.com|
|Parsley, Lettuce, Russian Kale ©jenniferRbaulch http://queentulip.com|
|Left: Russian Kale - Right: older Tuscan Kale with longer strong stem ©jenniferRbaulch|
|Right: small type of Bell Pepper ©jenniferRbaulch|