10 Practical Steps to Organic Gardening Infographic
10 Practical Steps to Organic Gardening Infographic - Designed by Queentulip
"Organic gardening is not just the avoidance of chemicals, in the larger view, it is organic living using nature's laws. ~Unknown
2. Pesticides Free - using organic fertilisers including our urine as our ancestors done it. Studies have shown that planted beets fertilised by urine are 27% larger! Read here via Mercola.com
3. Sustainability - As John Fedor wrote, "the ability of an ecosystem or society to function indefinitely without squandering the resources on which it relies."
4. Environmental Stewardship - providing a habitat for wildlife including beneficial insects and animals.
5. Wildlife-friendly Habitats - create informal areas to assist wildlife habitat.
6. Intensive Planting - Square foot gardening is an exquisite idea to start! Plant carefully to save water and prevent weeds from germinating.
7. Biodiversity - when there's a change in growing condition occurs or when the food supply does not destruct a planted diversity of species.
8. Rotating Crops - every season or year prevent against soil-borne pests and diseases.
9. Watering and Weeding - saving rainwater or grey water for watering plants and mulching to deter weeds germinating with edible plants and flower garden.
10. Saving Seeds - to re-plant, share or sell. Yes, I do agree we spend more time removing than planting!
"The temple of our digestive system is our organic gardening." ~jenniferRbaulch